We're still here!!!!










Sorry there haven’t been any postings but, I’m rather happy to say, we have not been anywhere near internet access for some time. Kitty got a few funny emails asking where our bodies were buried, etc. (hahahahaha) We’ve been having a fantastic time but now we must start to head back East. Among other stops, we ended up spending 12 (or so ??) days in Glacier National Park, Montana. We were there about five years ago and were happy that we decided to return. Dan and I both agree that Glacier is our favorite park. I’ve tried to upload just a handful of pic’s from various places. We took a helicopter ride over the Continental Divide and Glacier NP which was spectacular. Oh yeah, we went whitewater rafting on the Flathead River but that was pretty lame. I saw a grizzly on the trail I was using to scout out a canoe portage in Glacier. If you’ve ever wondered what you would actually do if you came across one on the trail, as I often have, you can probably stop wondering – you will run (exactly what they tell you not to do) while possibly whispering obscenities hoping he/she doesn’t hear you!!! The North Cascades were incredible and we almost skipped them, so glad we didn’t. Left Yellowstone and weren’t planning to hit anymore parks but we couldn’t resist stopping at Rocky Mt. NP in Colorado just for a day or two. It was pretty but very crowded; Yellowstone was getting pretty crowded as well. We’ve never traveled this late in the season before and lately we’ve been reminded why. Plan to be back in PA around the 19th or 20th or something like that. We’re in Kansas right now and let me tell you Dorothy should have skipped town a lot sooner than she did. I thought Ohio was ugly until I saw Kansas. Oh, and it’s 96 degrees in the shade with 30 mph winds hotter than the sun itself, freakin’ lovely. Anyway, hope to make Sandusky, Ohio our final fun stop – lots of big roller coasters!! Promise to post more pics, etc. as time and access allows. Now for the pics from top to bottom (no particular order) 1. Canoeing in the Two Medicine area of Glacier NP 2. Lower Yellowstone Falls 3. North entrance arch to Yellowstone NP 4. Getting ready to take helicopter ride over Glacier NP 5. Canoeing Lake Josephine in Glacier NP 6. Hiked as far as you could go on Going to the Sun Road Glacier NP (that's where the BH Sheep were) 7. Great view of the Rockies and a glacier from helicopter tour 8. Big horned sheep 9. Dan walking Kitty in Olympic NP (Kitty prefers only old growth forests now) 10. Scarred black bear in Olympic NP. OK, sorry!!! I now see that they don't insert the way they appear when I draft the post but you get the jist.

1 Comments:
Hey I'm off all week!!!!! It worked out I took the D&B job so I'll be home from the 16th to the 25th COOL we can hang
ok the picture of the bear then Dan walking kitty really that is silly
C-
Post a Comment
<< Home